Tommy Robredo in three sets to capture the in

Dogcat250

Tommy Robredo in three sets to capture the in

Mesajde Dogcat250 » Mie Sep 11, 2019 4:18 am

Shenzhen, China - Andy Murray saved five match points and outlasted Spains Tommy Robredo in three sets to capture the inaugural Shenzhen Open on Sunday. Murray earned a 5-7, 7-6 (11-9), 6-1 victory for his 29th career title and first since his historic run at Wimbledon in July of 2013. The 27-year-old Scot underwent back surgery late last year and his best results in 2014 prior to this week were semifinal appearances in Acapulco and the French Open. He was stopped in the quarterfinals of his last four events -- Wimbledon, Toronto, Cincinnati and the U.S. Open. Its been a long time since I won a tournament, said Murray. It was an emotional week for me. I managed to fight my way through it, win the title, and hopefully I can win another one before the end of the year. Murray will play next week in Beijing and it appeared he would head into that tournament as this weeks runner-up, trailing the second-set tiebreaker 6-2. Robredo, though, squandered four straight match points as Murray evened it at 6-6. The Spaniard had yet another match point at 7-6, but again failed to convert and Murray managed to win the set. He then dominated the third. I got lucky, basically, at the end of the second set, Murray said. I fought hard, tried my best and thankfully managed to turn it around. Tommy had a great tournament. He probably deserved to win the match today. He had the opportunities in the second set, but sometimes that happens in sport. I just tried to fight till the end. Robredo fell to 12-9 all-time in finals, including 0-2 this year. He lost to Pablo Cuevas in July at Croatia and hasnt won a title since claiming the Croatia Open crown in 2013. When you finish second in a tournament its always great, said Robredo. In a match like today that was so close, its tough to accept it. But Andy did a great job. He was pushing right until the end, and in the end he deserved it. It was a good experience to learn from. I will keep working and hopefully next time I can win. Murray improved to 4-2 against Robredo, winning each of the last four matches. The two last met in the third round at Wimbledon in 2013, an easy straight-set win for the London resident. Robredos last victory over Murray came at the Metz final in 2007, a three-set win that also resulted in the last hardcourt title for the 32-year-old veteran. Murray, who improved to 29-14 all-time in finals, earned a first prize of $106,970. Carl Banks Cheap Jersey . Justine finished first with a score of 22.44 while Chloe was second with 21.66 points. Defending champion Hannah Kearney of the U.S., was third at 21.49. A third Dufour-Lapointe sister, Maxime, failed to make the final group and finished 12th while Audrey Robichaud of Quebec City was 10th. Doug Kotar Youth Jersey . While Chelsea stayed two points behind leader Arsenal courtesy of Etoos hat trick, seventh-place United slipped 14 points from the summit this weekend. And the gap from the Champions League places is growing as well, with Liverpool six points ahead in fourth. http://www.giantsonlineteamshop.com/daniel-jones-jersey-cheap.html . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Phil McConkey Jersey .C. - The housecleaning continues for the B. Oshane Ximines Cheap Jersey .J. -- Kyle Palmieri thrilled his personal rooting section with an overtime winner that sent the Anaheim Ducks to their seventh straight win.Gary Anderson was pushed to his limits but won a last-leg decider against exciting BDO youngster Danny Noppert at the Grand Slam of Darts on Thursday. Dutchman Noppert did much to announce himself as a future star in the second-round tie with a doubling masterclass - as he led 6-4, he was yet to miss a shot at a double. Live Grand Slam of Darts November 18, 2016, 7:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Anderson, the PDC world champion, held his nerve in the face of such pressure. By allowing Noppert just two efforts at a double in the remainder of the match, the Scot was able to string together five consecutive legs to build a crucial lead. From 9-6 down, a brilliant 107 check-out showed Noppert still had some resolve and he forced a shoot-out which Anderson pinched. Noppert broke with a 164 check-out on the bull Raymond van Barneveld ended the run of the BDOs No 1 player, Glen Durrant, with a 10-7 victory and will play Anderson next. Raymond van Barneveld admitted he felt tired during his match with Glen Durrant Barney was 5-2 ahead in the early exchanges but Durrant displayed toughness to justify his position in the latter stages of such a competition, grinding back to force a tense finish.James Wade demonstrated that the up-and-coming Benito van de Pas still has some improvements to make before joining the elite, dishing out a 10-2 win. James Wade completed a 160 check-out The unforgiving Wade stormed into an 8-0 lead and looked likely to whitewash Van de Pas, but the young Dutchman finally steadied himself to put some legs on the scoreboard before his inevitable demise.ddddddddddddWade will next play Chris Dobey who nearly threw away a 9-5 lead but eventually pipped Jamie Hughes in a last-leg shoot-out. Watch the last-leg shoot-out between Dobey and Hughes Dobey missed six darts for the match before confirming his progression, while Hughes had five opportunities that went astray to reach the quarter-finals.World No 60 Dobey appeared to have built an insurmountable lead but wobbled as Hughes, the BDO No 4, found his rhythm. Chris Dobey wins a leg with 10 darts Hughes first beat Dobey with both players stuck on 40 to reduce the deficit to 9-7, before a brilliant 107 check-out closed the gap further. Chris Dobey reacts to the biggest result of his career Hughes drew level at nine apiece and, remarkably, both players found themselves on 24. Hughes missed three darts at double 12, and Dobey ended his challenge with the next shot.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Sky Bets darts odds On Sky TV Schedule/Results Features ' ' '

Înapoi la “Zona discutii”