ed Case Keenum and try to help the

carrie567

ed Case Keenum and try to help the

Mesajde carrie567 » Joi Aug 15, 2019 5:38 am

Wimbledon, England (Sports Network) - Seven-time champion Roger Federer was a shocking second-round loser on a bizarre Wednesday at Wimbledon. Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky, ranked 116th in the world, stunned the third- seeded former world No. 1 star and reigning titlist in four sets, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), 7-5, 7-6 (7-5), on the famed Centre Court at the All England Club. The stunner came just two days after 135th-ranked Belgian Steve Darcis shocked two-time Wimbledon champ and reigning French Open king Rafael Nadal on the hallowed lawns. Displaying some classic serve-and-volley tennis, Stakhovsky baffled Federer for most of the match and dazzled the Swiss icon with some outstanding shot- making on Day 3. Stakhovsky ultimately converted on his second match point when the 31-year-old Federer misfired wide on one final backhand. The 27-year-old Stakhovsky had been 0-20 in his previous matches against top-10 players. He was a first-round loser in his last four Grand Slam events prior to this fortnight. Federers record streak of reaching 36 consecutive Grand Slam quarterfinals came to an end. This was his earliest exit at a Grand Slam since a first-round loss at the 2003 French Open. The amazing Federer hadnt lost to a player outside the top 100 since 2005 (Richard Gasquet) and this was the earliest exit by a defending champion at Wimbledon since Lleyton Hewitt lost in the opening round in 2003. The 17-time Grand Slam king Federer beat Andy Murray in last years Wimbledon finale to tie Pete Sampras for the most mens titles here in the Open Era. Meanwhile, the heavy British crowd favorite Murray eased into the third round, while no less than five men succumbed to injuries on Day 3, including sixth-seeded French star Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. The second-seeded Murray managed to avoid the Day-3 carnage with a 6-3, 6-3, 7-5 handling of overmatched Taiwanese Yen-Hsun Lu on Court 1. Murray was last years Wimbledon runner-up to Federer and then beat the Swiss great in last years Olympic gold-medal match here at the AEC. The British star is the reigning U.S. Open champ and was this years Australian Open runner-up to current world No. 1 Novak Djokovic. The 26-year-old Murray is trying to give Britain its first mens Wimbledon singles champion in 77 years. The former Aussie Open runner-up Tsonga, who reached Wimbledon semifinals each of the last two years, was trailing capable Latvian Ernests Gulbis 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 when he quit because of an apparent knee issue on an injury-filled Wednesday. Meanwhile, 10th-seeded recent Queens Club grass-court runner-up Marin Cilic was scheduled to meet Frenchman Kenny De Schepper, but decided against playing due to a left knee injury, while 6-foot-10 18th-seeded American John Isner was battling Frenchman Adrian Mannarino when he retired at 1-1 in the first set, also citing a left knee injury. "I would say (its a) very black day," Cilic said of all the injury withdrawals. "The other days, other weeks, there were no pullouts. Everything just happened today." Isner hurt his knee early in his match against Mannarino, took an injury timeout and called it quits after two games. The towering American, of course, is best known at the All England Club for playing the longest match in tennis history three years ago with a five-set marathon in the first round against Nicolas Mahut. The 11-hour, 5-minute epic took three days to complete because of rain and darkness, ending with a 70-68 score in the final set. Fifteenth-seeded Spaniard Nicolas Almagro steered clear of any problems by holding off Frenchman Guillaume Rufin 7-5, 6-7 (6-8), 6-3, 6-4. Also pulling out were the other giant-killer Darcis and Czech veteran Radek Stepanek. Darcis posted one of the biggest upsets in Wimbledon history on Monday when he shocked Nadal in straight sets. But he was unable to face Polands Lukasz Kubot because of a right shoulder injury on Wednesday. "Had to withdrawn after a win like this!?THE most difficult thing i had to do!!!#triedeverythingtoplaybutdidntwork!!!!" Darcis wrote on his Twitter account. Stepanek was losing to 6-foot-8, 24th-seeded Pole Jerzy Janowicz 6-2, 5-3 when he retired from their match due to a thigh injury. Veteran 20th-seeded Russian Mikhail Youzhny overcame promising Canadian Vasek Pospisil 6-2, 6-7 (3-7), 7-6 (9-7), 3-6, 6-4; 22nd-seeded Argentine Juan Monaco came back to beat American Rajeev Ram 5-7, 6-2, 6-4, 6-2; rising 25th- seeded Frenchman Benoit Paire subdued fellow countryman Stephane Robert 6-4, 7-5, 6-4; Spanish left-hander Fernando Verdasco erased 31st-seeded Frenchman Julien Benneteau 7-6 (7-1), 7-6 (7-4), 6-4; and 32nd-seeded former top-10 Spaniard Tommy Robredo bested the aforementioned Mahut 7-6 (7-3), 6-1, 7-6 (7-5). Also on Wednesday, Serb Viktor Troicki topped Russian Andrey Kuznetsov 6-4, 6-3, 6-4, Austrian southpaw Jurgen Melzer downed German Julian Reister 3-6, 7-6 (7-2), 7-6 (7-5), 6-2, and German Dustin Brown doused the 2002 Wimbledon champ and former world No. 1 Hewitt 6-4, 6-4, 6-7 (3-7), 6-2. "I cried like a little girl," Brown said after beating the two-time major champion Hewitt. The second round is scheduled to conclude on Thursday, including a match for the reigning Aussie Open champion and 2011 Wimbledon titlist Djokovic, who will take on American journeyman Bobby Reynolds. Other top-10 seeds on the Day-4 slate are No. 4 French Open runner-up David Ferrer, No. 7 2010 Wimbledon runner-up Tomas Berdych, No. 8 former U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro, and No. 9 Frenchman Richard Gasquet. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., and Jesse Levine of Ottawa won their first-round matches earlier this week. Raonic next faces Igor Sijsling of the Netherlands, while Levine battles Argentinian Juan Martin del Potro. Levines match can be seen live on TSN.ca on Friday morning at approximetly 8am et/5am pt. Watch exclusive bonus online coverage throughout the competition on TSN.ca, including full coverage of select matches not being televised. Will Harris Jersey . -- Jonathan Diaz is easy to spot in the Blue Jays clubhouse. Jarrad Davis Lions Jersey . The 18-year-old centre was the Senators first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The six-foot 196-pound native of Salmon Arm, B. http://www.authenticnfllionslockroom.com/Customized/. Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans opener against Ghana on June 16 and didnt play in their next two games. "We dont know how much because we need to see how hes going, but hes available," U. Jarrad Davis Youth Jersey . Schaub will start for an injured Case Keenum and try to help the Texans end a 12-game skid. Schaubs last action in Houston came when he took over late in a game against Oakland on Nov. 17 as Keenum was struggling. Will Harris Youth Jersey . Watching them over the past year - and in some cases, two years - has given us a starting point for this seasons Craigs List.PHILADELPHIA -- Nick Foles has locked up job security into the next millennium. Tired of answering the same question every week, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Monday that Foles will be Philadelphias "starting quarterback for the next 1,000 years." Foles has led the Eagles (7-5) to a 5-1 record and a share of first place in the NFC East with the Dallas Cowboys since replacing an injured Michael Vick in Week 5. He leads the NFL in passer rating (125.2) and has thrown 19 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Foles lost the starting competition to Vick in training camp. But hes been excellent in five of his six starts since Vick hurt his hamstring on Oct. 6. It wasnt until Vick was healthy last week that Kelly officially made Foles the starter. Now, Kelly is ready to say Foles is the quarterback of the future. "Because Ive been asked the question a thousand times, so I will say he is the starting quarterback for the next thousand years here," Kelly said. "If Im wrong next week, then Im wrong next week." Kelly was joking, of course. His focus is on the upcoming game against the Detroit Lions (7-5). Foles certainly has strengthened his case to be the teams quarterback going forward, but those decisions are for the off-season. The Eagles are right in the thick of the playoff picture, so questions about the teams long-term plans are not Kellys priority. That explains his sarcasm. "Right now, Im on a one-week deal," Kelly said. "I dont think Nicks going to come in tomorrow and say I dont want to play anymore because you guys dont want me here six weeks from now. So the questions we get asked about it long term, right now is not long term. Long term for us is this Sunday against the Detroit Lions. That is the end of the deal." Then again, teams like New Orleans, Green Bay, New England, Denver and many others know who their starting QB will be next year.ddddddddddddHasnt Foles earned the same security as Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning? "As long as he can stay healthy. Thats what Ive qualified it with all the time," Kelly said. "I dont think anybody can predict the health of anybody. That is a reality. How many quarterbacks have gone down this season in the National Football League? Its a pretty high amount. "Its a very, very difficult game. They take a lot of hits. I understand why they protect the quarterback in this league because of the hits they do take. When you have a quarterback thats durable and can last, thats when you know youve got a guy." Foles is having an exceptional season. He tied an NFL record with seven TD passes in a win at Oakland on Nov. 3 and was the NFCs player of the month for November. He broke Vicks team record for consecutive passes without an interception and extended it to 233. Hes one TD pass away from tying Mannings record set this year for most TDs without a pick to start a season. "I learned through making mistakes and throwing interceptions in high school, in college, and in practice," Foles said of his ball protection. "I try to push it in practice and test my boundaries and see what throws are capable against certain defences. Its through a lot of mistakes that Ive learned that." Despite starting only half the games, Foles has as many TD passes as Brady. Theres no telling what numbers Foles would have had he started the season as the No. 1 QB. "Wed be undefeated, and I think everybody would cancel the season and wed win the Super Bowl," Kelly joked. "I dont look at things that way. I dont mean to be facetious, but if youre going to say hindsight, then, yeah, wed score a thousand points a game and no one would score on us, and theyd be afraid to play us." ' ' '

Înapoi la “Zona discutii”